INSTRUCTIONS + GUIDELINES
A Deacon shall be a member of First Baptist Church Riverview (for at least 1 year) in good standing prior to serving and have demonstrated faithfulness in worship attendance, Life Groups, church-wide functions, and stewardship.
1. Nominations for Deacons may be made by members in good standing.
2. Nominations shall be confidentially submitted by church members; each member may nominate as many names as there are vacancies to be filled and each nomination form must be signed.
3. Upon careful consideration of all nominations submitted, the Elder body will present the names of the candidates to the church for affirmation.
4. An ordination service shall be held for newly appointed Deacons that have not been previously ordained.
5. The men listed below are currently serving and are not eligible for nomination:
Ken Albaugh, Myron Brokaw, Ken Grimani, Ken Hlavaty and Shawn Mills
6. Please complete the following form to submit your recommendation. Thank you in advance for your prayerful participation!
This is an important position for our church, one that is not to be taken lightly. As such, we ask that you prayerfully complete this form, evaluating each question honestly based on your knowledge of the nominee’s qualifications for the role of Deacon for First Baptist Church Riverview. Please take time to read 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 1 Timothy 5:17-22, and Titus 1:5-9 which describe the qualifications for church leaders.
If clarifications or comments are needed to help explain your choices, please use the appropriate box to do so. If you do not know if the nominee is qualified in an area, mark the “Don’t Know” column. This is an acceptable answer and will not be held against the nominee.